e SIP phone clients, both Telephone available from the Mac app store and Blink
available from http://icanblink.com both work well. They sound better too.

I just noticed this long thread so someone else has probably brought this up,
but it drives me mad how the new Skype keeps saying "Skype has new window."
every single time some kind of change happens, like someone going online.
Maddening! I don't keep Skype open for that reason.

 - Austin