I have no need to back up the whole machine.  I am getting a MBA, and want
to mirror my iPhoto library on that machine to the one on my iMac.  So just
set the quality to original and I should be set?

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tim Kilburn
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 11:03 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: backing up iPhoto library?

No need to really copy the entire Pictures folder.  The iPhoto Library is
packaged up nicely within the Pictures folder and it's all you really need
to copy if what what you're wishing to do is make a copy of your same
Library on another machine.

The Export option that you chose will have most likely changed the quality
of the pictures unless you set it to Original in that pop-up.

As Chris mentioned, the best thing for you to do will depend on what your
purpose is.  If it's simply to back things up, then I'd just use Time
Machine and back up your whole computer instead of just the pictures.

Later...

On 2012-05-04, at 7:48 AM, Chris Blouch wrote:

> So do you just want to clone the whole library to another machine or are
you planning on adding these to an existing library? If it's the former then
you can just grab the whole Pictures folder and copy that to the new
machine.