Okay, a bit of work ahead but I do feel vindicated on both accounts. <grin>
First, regarding the problem, not being able to send mail consistently, as some of you suggested early on, guess I'm going to do what Apple wants and switch to imap because the pop mail is definitely busted somewhere. So as soon as I figure out what to do in Eudora on my windows systems, I'll be switching over and then I'll be able to send mail consistently. Second, the problem I've been describing since last week, VoiceOver not reading all the icons in the messages table after changing to a different mailbox? VoiceOver bug. So thanks for the help, Mark. Now I'll go learn about imap. <grin.> And then I can get back to playing the optimist again and eagerly await the next update? Hahahaha!
Thanks again.

Veronica
Watch and hear The Guide Dog Glee Club sing The Star-spangled Banner at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNLclisGqQ
Then learn about Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
                Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California