Have you tried reading the help files? THey contain a lot of information and
there is also Google. You really expect someone to produce a step-by-step
tutorial on iCal just for you? No offense, but it seems to me that you have not
researched the questions very thoroughly  on your own and just want to be
spoon-fed the information. Asking for help is fine and encouraged, but it seems
that you would ask only when you have already tried finding the answers
elsewhere. There are plenty of resources and the podcast someone suggested is a
great way to learn how to use an app.
Of course then you seem to get cross with folks because they won't just give
you what you want when you want it and I hope you understand you are being
unfair to those who are providing you the resources.