To turn off the quack, go into the VoiceOver utility, and select verbosity in
the utility table. Then select the text tab and as you go through, you'll find
a button where you choose what happens when a misspelled word is encountered. I
just set mine to do nothing.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

Veronica

Watch and hear The Guide Dog Glee Club sing the Star-spangled Banner at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNLclisGqQ
Then find more music from The Guide Dog Glee Club and Veronica Elsea at
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California