I'd just like to add that, as far as I know, college sutdents also get in for
free. Once you prove your disability, you need only send them your college
email address and they will verify it and give you a subscription for a year
from the time you do this.
On Jul 30, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Christine Grassman <cgrassman1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Not sure about alternative payments, but you should be able to find that at
> the membership page on the site.
> I was verified as an NLS subscriber, which was enough documentation for
> bookshare.
> https://www.bookshare.org/_/membership/overview
> Christine
>
> On Jul 30, 2012, at 11:15 AM, "Krysti .Power" <happypuppy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It would be worth it to me is there any other payment method besides credit
>> card and does my eye doc got to fill it out or can my family doctor fill it
>> out
>>
>> On 2012-07-30 11:59 AM, "Christine Grassman" <cgrassman1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you are in the U.S. and a student in primary or secondary school, it
>> costs nothing; you merely need to prove that you have a print disability.
>> If you are not a student in elementary, middle, or high school, however, the
>> subscription cost is $50 per year. I use it so often that this price is
>> worth it to me.
>> I am not sure of any restrictions with regard to non-U.S. subscribers.
>> Christine
>> On Jul 30, 2012, at 10:42 AM, "Krysti .Power" <happypuppy...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> How much does bookshare cost I'm looking into regestering
>>>
>>> On 2012-07-30 11:27 AM, "Christine Grassman" <cgrassman1...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hello all. Last night, I wrote about some downloading issues with
>>> bookshare, but in fact, there was no problem -- there was simply no way to
>>> tell that the download occurred, as there had been in the past. They did
>>> occur, however.
>>> As far as reading bookshare books in Daisy, the .xml file reads quite well
>>> in Safari.
>>> Meanwhile, I just received an e-mail from Bookshare stating that
>>> downloading will soon be more streamlined: essentially, one will be able to
>>> choose their download file preference (which can be changed at any time),
>>> and a pop-up menu will replace the current list of icons for downloading
>>> daisy with images, daisy, brf, audio, and mp3. Also, your history will by
>>> default contain thirty days of download history, but you can change the
>>> filter to look further back.
>>> Christine

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)