From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ricardo Walker
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:55
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: SSD external drive for Mac

Hi,

I know this isn't really an answer but, I don't think the small increase in
speed gained by an external SSd is worth the premium price. For an external
drive, I would recommend sticking with a traditional platter hard drive.

JMO.

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Aug 5, 2012, at 4:11 AM, Kevin Gibbs <kevj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
> I had a very disappointing experience today. I bought a 128GB SSD drive,
only to learn that a Mac could not write to it.  It was bad enough that I
couldn't find an SSD drive with FireWire ports, but to find a drive that
could only be written to buy a Windows computer?  This was absolutely
unacceptable. Does anyone know of an SSD drive with FireWire ports that can
be used by a Mac?