Hi there!
Happily, I also figured out that somehow when installing ML, it had changed my
icloud settings. So once I went in and unchecked documents, as I don't want my
documents in the cloud, Text edit started behaving nicely again. Yay! No
opening with the strange wizard and saving defaulted to the documents folder.
Yippee! Thanks.

Veronica

Watch and hear The Guide Dog Glee Club sing the Star-spangled Banner at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNLclisGqQ
Then find more music from The Guide Dog Glee Club and Veronica Elsea at
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California