Problem here is sandboxing.  This means anything created in Textedit can only
be accessed by other machines running Textedit.  Further problem here is
Textedit isn't available on IOS.  So stuff created in Textedit can only be
shared by other macs.

I wish Sandboxing could be expanded to include other apps but once you do that,
the idea of a sandbox is crushed.  We need a version of Textedit for iPad to
make this work.