Mel,

Good question. Application developers can code whatever functionality they want
for the right click. But most times it is to bring up a short list of
actionable items. Multiple people have already said that another way of
bringing up the shortcut menu is VO shift M. So in these cases you are just
fine.

I assume that is why Apple created the command, but did not take up any
keystroke for assignment.

So long story short, unless you are in an app that specifically says you need
to right mouse to do a special action (other than bring up the shortcut menu),
you won't need to issue the command.

Take care.
Rodney