Hi Max,

Brandon is correct; you should have administrator privileges.
However, even with admin privileges, you'll need to VO-space on "Click
the lock to make changes" and supply your password in order to delete
accounts. This is under System Preferences > Users & Groups on the
password tab.  Use item chooser menu (VO-I) and type in "lock", then
arrow down to the "click the lock to make changes unchecked", and
press return  or VO-space to go there.  Then VO-space again to unlock
the control, and type your password into the authorizing dialog
window.  Once you done this you can select the account you created and
delete it.

However, I usually keep at least one other guest or test account on my
system in order to check whether problem behaviors are system-wide or
specific to my account set-up.  Once you've made changes to the user
account settings, you might want to VO-space on the lock again, to
prevent further changes to these settings.

HTH. Cheers,

Esther