you don't have  to interact with the map at all. There's a time zone button to
the right of the map and a combo box for nearest city.
 At any rate, if you do a down arrow on the combo box and then hit enter on the
city you want, you can change the city. In fact, once you do the down arrow and
vo says "interacting with list, one item selected", you can start typing the
name of your city and it will either give you choices accordingly or you can
finish typing. Once you hit enter after choosing or typing the city you want,
stop interacting with vokeys-shift up arrow. So yes, accessibility is right
about this even though they didn't give you specific instructions.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart