Thank you Mark, much appreciated.

Christopher Hallsworth

On 12/10/2012 02:00, M. Taylor wrote:
Hello Christopher,

To change this setting,

1.
Go into the Mail Client and open preferences.

2.
In the Accounts tab, select the account you wish to change.

3.
Then, select the mailbox behavior tab and uncheck the Keep sent messages on
server button.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:51 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: I Am Not Alone and Resolution To Mail Problem Discovered

Hello all so where can we find this option then? Thanks!

Christopher Hallsworth

On 11/10/2012 19:21, M. Taylor wrote:
Hello Everyone,

First please accept my gratitude for working with me on this one.

I am so glad we talked about it for it caused me to go into my gMail
account settings on the web and make some much needed adjustments.

Turning to my problem, as it turns out, I am not alone.  After doing
some Google searches, I discovered that many, many other Macintosh
Mail client people are experiencing the exact same issue.  Apparently,
the issue reared its ugly head back in July, before the most recent
update.

I discovered this, for myself, when I restored my Mac back to the
first build of Mountain Lion, a couple of hours ago, only to discover
that the problem existed back then.

By the way, I am now running the original Mountain Lion so need to
update to
10.8.2 in a few minutes.

Anyway, getting back to my resolution, it turns out that one must
disable the Save A Copy of Message on the Mac option in order for
gMail to work as it does in Outlook, Edora, etc.

I turned off this option and can now, once again, see messages posted
to this list or those sent to myself or those copied to myself.

>From what I have learned on the web, so far, no one knows if this is
an
issue with Google or the Mac Mail client but, at least, we're all up
and running.

Finally, I will now update my Mac again and see if this resolution holds.

Thank you all so very muchg for being here.

Most Sincerely,

Mark