A few weeks ago I emailed the list a link I found to a page of mac keyboard
shortcuts. I just emailed the ones I didn't know about that I find myself
using, but there are plenty of other ones, including some nice restart/shutdown
commands involving modifier keys and the eject key. I don't use them, though,
as my keyboard is a windows style one and so lacks an eject key. In case you
missed it, here's the link again:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
On Oct 22, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Paul Hunt <prhu...@att.net> wrote:

> Hello Alex. Thanks for prviding these keystrokes. Please tell us how you
> found then. Thanks so much.
>
> On Oct 21, 2012, at 10:17 PM, Alex Hall <mehg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Here's another tip I wish I'd known about a long time ago. Note that the
>> below keystrokes use the f keys, so on a macbook or apple keyboard you may
>> need to hold down the function key, depending on your settings. Also, none
>> of these requires Voiceover to be on, which is why I said they are
>> mainstream. While I know we are all vo users, these are good to know if vo
>> quits on you, if a sighted person likes using the keyboard and asks how you
>> get around without a mouse, if you simply find one of these more convenient,
>> and so forth. So, here we go:
>> Control-f2: go to menu bar (same as vo-m)
>> ctrl-f3: go to dock (same as vo-d)
>> ctrl-f4: move between open applications (same as cmd-tab, add shift to go
>> backward)
>> ctrl-f5: move to or from toolbar, if present
>> ctrl-f8: go to status menus (same as vo-m twice)
>> So, now you know. I like the ctrl-f5 command, and I often use ctrl-f3 to go
>> to the dock because it's easier to find than fo-d, but that's just me.
>> Again, though, these are not dependent on Voiceover being on, though cmd-tab
>> is not either so I don't know why apple included a second application
>> switching command.
>>

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
>> mehg...@gmail.com