Hi, Christine,

If you have the ClickToFlash or ClickToPlugin Safari extension installed, it
will display a placeholder with the word "flash". Do a vO-mouse-click on it
(VO-shift-space" and the content should start playing. The ClickTo extensions
also have a shortcut key to allow flash permanently in particular web domains.
You can use command-control-w to do this.

HtH,
Teresa