Hi Robert,
Two tips to help you out:

Use command+T in Pages to pull up the font dialog box.  You can then change any
of your font attributes from here.

Use Command+Option+I to open the inspector window for your document.  The
inspector has a number of layered tabs you can use to navigate through your
various options.  There is a tab for changing text features, including color,
line spacing, tab size, etc.

Using these two strategies I was able to format my papers in APA style in grad
school.

Best of luck,
Greg