Yes. Open voiceover utility with vo-f8. In categories go to verbbosity. Hints
is the fifth and last tab; select it with vo-space. There's a checkbox for
speaking the instructions for the item in the voiceover cursor; there's a
pop-up for handling items with help tags, and there's a table to set the delay
before a hint is spoken. I'm not sure you need both the checkbox and the popup
depending on what you need this for. The checkbox can be very annoying but is
great when the prompt is needed. The popup is helpful but you can also get that
information by doing vo-shift-h on items with help tags and then you can go
ahead and label items by using vo-slash. In fact, I just labelled a checkbox in
vlc. So you can play with things and see what helps you most.
--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart