Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone happens to have a demo of the old Outspoken
screen reader that worked on (I believe) System 6 and 7, as well as OS
9.
Years ago, up until OSX was released, a company called Optelec (later
acquired by Alva) sold Outspoken. The software was discontinued in
2003 with the advent of OSX, and then the company was later closed.
Alva used to publish demos of Outspoken on their server, but it looks
like those links have been broken for several years. So, that finally
brings me to my point.
I have a couple of vintage Macs lying around, and it would be great if
I could use them independently. I'm looking for any Outspoken version
that works with System 6/7 or OS 9. I've got one Mac SE and one eMac.
I have some manuals and can probably figure out some more stuff just
by playing. I just need a link to a demo, if anyone happens to have
one, or maybe a link to a downloadable copy of the contents of a demo
CD. I would be willing to pay a small fee for this, just email me and
we can work something out.
I appologize if you feel that this thread does not belong here. I know
this is primarily an OSX list, and I generally use it as such, but had
no idea where else I could find a huge pool of blind Mac users to
consult and figured that, if nothing else, you guys might be able to
point me in the right direction.
A huge thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this!
Thanks for reading,
Megan