  From: Esther
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Exstirnal NTFS drive and VMWare

  Hello Angelo,

  I'll let someone else address your question in more detail, but the basic
answer is that you won't be able to write to NTFS partitions without additional
software assistance.  I've read some posts on the macvisionaries list, and
somewhat more recently on the mac-access list, that people have successfully
used Paragon software to write to NTFS volumes  that they need to access from
both Windows and the Mac.  This isn't something that I do myself, so I'll just
mention that there is currently a sale on a Paragon Mini-Bundle at the
MacUpdate Promo site (mupromo.com):

  • Paragon Mini-Bundle! 10.0.1 (four apps for $29.95 that normally run for
$100)
  https://deals.macupdate.com/deal/14044/paragon-mini-bundle

  The sale seems to be running through the next  5 days.  The way the mupromo
site works, you need to register and create a login account.  That requires a
one-time negotiation of a CAPTCHA.  Afterwards, you can log into your account
for a record of your past purchases, information on the serial numbers, and
links to the download versions. There's usually a download trial so you can try
things out and decide whether you want to purchase the app deal.

  Maybe somebody who has used the Paragon software can comment on this.

  HTH.  Cheers,

  Esther