Hello,

The main limitation with TextEdit is that it does not support the use of 
headers and footers (for example for use with resumes, cover letters, academic 
papers, memos, etc).  TextEdit also does not allow for the use of templates as 
far as I know, so you could not create your own template or use an existing 
template.

TextEdit does allow you to observe all of the visual formatting such as bold, 
underlining, etc, where as VoiceOver does not announce these features in Pages. 
 I regularly use both applications so as to take advantage of all features.

Regards,

Harry

On Apr 11, 2013, at 11:43 AM, Rahul Bajaj <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> 
> I know this is a foolish question, but what is the difference between
> Text Edit and Pages?
> 
> 
> 
> On 11/04/2013, Michael Babcock <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Good afternoon;
>> I work used to be a $70 product, however I do stand to be corrected, but I
>> believe you can purchase both of the referenced applications below, for $40.
>> On the App Store, each product in the iWork suite is $19.99 I believe. From
>> what I remember, numbers was a very accessible, and that was before the most
>> recent update of which I've heard they have added some more accessibility
>> features it has been about two years since I last utilize numbers, and as I
>> previously stated, it was accessible at that time, but I have heard that
>> they have recently added some new accessibility features. I think Mike, over
>> at the how-to be blind podcast, did something on numbers! But I don't
>> remember right.
>> In addition, pages can be used, but you won't be able to edit your documents
>> As well as you could Forsaith in Microsoft Word. But, in my opinion the
>> recent versions of Microsoft Word, 2007, 2010, and most recently 2013, also
>> have their own accessibility issues in and alone.
>> Anyways, hope this helps a little bit.
>> Michael
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> 
>> On Apr 11, 2013, at 11:28 AM, Rahul Bajaj <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> 
>>> This may have been discussed before, but I want to know if   iWork is
>>> completely accessible with VoiceOver on the Mac or not.
>>> Does it work well on the iPhone as well?
>>> The 2 main applications that I'll be using are Pages and Numbers.
>>> So, do they work well with VoiceOver?
>>> It's actually pretty expensive, so I want to know if it would be worth
>>> spending so much on it.
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> Rahul
>>> 
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>> "MacVisionaries" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>>> email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "MacVisionaries" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "MacVisionaries" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
> 
> 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to