Hello Gigi, There was quite a discussion about handling tables in Pages back in January. Barry Hadder came up with this solution and I've since used it to edit tables in Word documents that I've had for translation.
You have to highlight one table in the document for all the tables to show up as separate items on the page. When you interact with a page, if it says that there are more than 3 items, you know there's something you need to look at. Cheers, Anne On 12 Apr 2013, at 12:18, Eugenia Firth <[email protected]> wrote: > Anne, is this something new, this floating tables? I never heard of those. > What do they do besides let us edit the things? > > Regards, > Gigi > > On Apr 12, 2013, at 4:34 AM, Anne Robertson <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> In Pages, you can read tables if you go to the Inspector and, using the Wrap >> Inspector, select Floating. Tables wil now appear as separate objects from >> the main body of the text. They are also completely editable. >> >> Cheers, >> >> Anne >> >> >> On 12 Apr 2013, at 05:34, Jonathan C. Cohn <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> I have herd that table are not usable. Try using textedit to view the >>> tables you created in pages. Also is there a two column mode that does not >>> use tables. >>> >>> Sent from my iPhone >>> >>> On Apr 11, 2013, at 6:21 PM, des delgadillo <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >>>> Hello, all: >>>> Few questions for you guys regarding accessibility and whatnot. >>>> First, concerning Pages: As a broadcast journalism student we're required >>>> to start writing our news scripts in a two-column format, meaning I'll >>>> have to create a table and write certain information in each column. >>>> Thankfully I practiced before I got assigned an actual script, because >>>> when I tried this in Pages last night, I couldn't fill in the table at >>>> all. I couldn't even interact with it. Am I doing something wrong or do >>>> tables just not work with Pages? And if not, is there any other word >>>> processor I can check out that does support tables with VO? >>>> >>>> Second, concerning Keynote: I love it a whole lot more than I liked >>>> Powerpoint. But I haven't created a presentation yet and I'll have to >>>> create one soon. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of shortcuts or >>>> tutorial handy? That could save me some time. >>>> Thanks in advance, >>>> >>>> --Des >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>>> "MacVisionaries" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>>> email to [email protected]. >>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>> >>>> >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>> "MacVisionaries" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>> email to [email protected]. >>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>> >>> >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "MacVisionaries" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected]. >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "MacVisionaries" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
