Hi Mark,

HomeSharing is a method of sharing media between devices using the same Apple
ID within the same subnet.  Therefore, this HomeSharing is done via ethernet or
a WIFI connection within that network.  You must first ensure that HomeSharing
is turned on on each device.  You can confirm this on your iPhone from within
the Music pane of your Settings, just make sure that it has HomeSharing
attached to your Apple ID.  On the Mac, it is done from within iTunes itself
from within the File menu.

>From your iDevices, you can access iTunes Libraries on your Mac or Macs to
>play media stored there.  The reverse is not possible as far as I can tell.
>To access media stored on your Mac from your iPhone using HomeSharing, do the
>following:

• Make sure that your Mac is turned on with iTunes open.
• Open the Music app on your iPhone.
• Open the More button in the bottom right corner.
• Navigate until you find the Shared tab and open it.

This is where things are not as accessible as they should be.  VO will read the
label for your iPhone as "My iPhone" but will not properly announce the
HomeSharing items.  I checked with my daughter and it appears that the
HomeSharing choices are there alphabetically so as you swipe right, you will
ascend through any HomeSharing choices.

Now, for ease of explanation, I will assume that only one iTunes Library is
available, so double-tap on the first item that VO stops at but does not
announce and wait a few seconds as the Library is loaded.  After it has loaded,
you will be presented with a list of available playlists.  Double-tap on the
one you wish to gain access to and then you can play the music from that
playlist.

The limitations of HomeSharing from the iPhone prospective is that it seems
that you only have access to the music from your HomeSharing Mac whereas when
you do this between Macs, all media is sharable.

Regarding your girlfriend's iPhone, the only way that you can sync her device
with your Mac is if you either set it up from your Mac or if it has never been
connected to any other Mac thus the initial "pairing" is performed to your Mac.
 Now, if all you wish to do is give her access to your iTunes Library on your
Mac, then you can accomplish this by having her iPHone connect to your
HomeShare with the same Apple ID as your HomeShare.  This will allow streaming
of music from your Mac to her iPhone but does not allow for copying of this
music to her iPhone.

Hope this makes sense.

Later...

Tim Kilburn