I would recommend against using a paid service (like go daddy), especially if
this is your first website. I would suggest starting with google sites (i can’t
speak to how accessible it is, but i don’t imagine you’d run into any more
problems than anywhere else). It’s free, it’s easy to use and never goes down.

The only downside is your URL will be something obnoxious like
http://sites.google.com/site/username/index.html  — if you build up your site
and are satisfied with it it’s easy to buy a domain name and tell google to use
that instead.