Karen and all:

For the possible benefit of anyone thinking about switching to the i phone, I
am happy to explain my experience.
I purchased my i phone in mid April but did not change my mobile provider until
early May.  I did this so that I could become used to how the i phone
functioned and using the touch screen before vital transactions depended on my
ability to use the phone.  I am very glad I did this.

Another thing that has helped is a screen protector with raised dots sold by
Speed Dots.  I know there are some who assert this should not be necessary
however, I believe we should use what makes sense for us as individuals.  I
find that it provides landmarks for orientation on the screen.

I have been told that one must have access to the internet in order for siri to
work.  Perhaps someone on the list can confirm this?  If this is the case, then
utilizing siri for making calls etc would work as long as an internet
connection is available.  This might not be a problem for many but for me, it
is necessary that I know how to manage without siri as well as with it.

I have gotten pretty good at using my i phone and while I still find making
calls involving many number sequences problematic at times, it is offset by the
other things the i phone does well.  I don't know how to input menu sequences
such as those described by someone earlier.  Perhaps you could give us the
steps to do this?

Finally, as a new user I am happy to answer any questions about the learning
curve, at least from my perspective.
Jean