To each there own.  I am one of those who only backs up manually. so that
probably means once every 2 months.  I also have 2 8TB network attached storage
devices,
so I also back up the files and apps that are most important to me, along with
googol drive, drop box, sky drive, as well as iCloud.  So I know what you mean.
 Maybe I am just a storage freek  since total including my time capsule, I have
a total of 15TB of storage.  and yes it all gets used one way or another.
Mostly to back up my movies, music, and family pictures.
Kliphton Senior
(iMessage )kliph...@icloud.com-Email kliph...@gmail.com
(Twitter,instagram,foursquare&Skype) kliphton72
[Text only] 914-820-2298
(Personal blog-read at your own risk!) http://kliphskorner.wordpress.com