Hi Ioana,
I'm afraid it's not possible in Garageband to lower the volume of a specific
part that easyly. What you could do is to cut the part out, copy it to another
track to the same beat as it was before in the other track and lower the volume
of this new track.
You could achieve  it in Amadeus Pro but it's not  so simple for me to explane
because I don't know what I could expect you to know. You'll need a little bit
of background knowledge how Amadeus works and what key commands are available.
So, what about learning a little bit about Amadeus Pro and then come back to
ask a more specific question.
Alternatively Here the way just in case you are an experienced user:
1. Load the file to a track.
2. Listen to the point you want to start lowering the volume and press Spacebar.
3. Press CMD + y to move the insertion point to the play head.
4. Press m to set a marker.
5. Listen to the point where you want to stop lowering the volume, stop by
pressing Spacebar and press CMD + y again..
6. Press CMD + arrow left to highlight the track from the insertion point to
the marker.
7. Now you should be able to lower the volume by using the volume settings in
the menue.

All the best
Jürgen
All the best