My first thought is to just do a search (vo-f) for two spaces. I suppose you
could make, or ask someone to make, an Applescript to do the job, if Mars Edit
can be scripted, but it seems far easier to simply become more comfortable with
mac commands so the extra spaces don't appear in the first place. If you
describe the procedure you use for copying, pasting, and all that, perhaps we
can figure out how the extra spaces are getting in there.
On Sep 5, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Phil Halton <philh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's nothing the Mac is doing. It's purely the way I type, cut  and paste
> text.
> That being settled, how can I check for extra whitespace in the text? It
> looks sloppy and unprofessional at best.
> Sent from my IPhone
>

> On Sep 5, 2013, at 10:45 AM, Alex Hall <mehg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are you highlighting spaces as well? I've never had extra spaces randomly
>> appear; any additional or missing spaces are due to the way I selected or
>> erased text, not the Mac deciding to insert them without my knowledge.
>> On Sep 5, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Phil Halton <philh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No, it's definitely happening. As you cut and paste words and do other
>>> editing options you get extra spaces between words you can actually count
>>> them with the cursor. I'm thinking about using Microsoft office word to
>>> write my blogs and spellcheck them and me and then let Marsetta do the
>>> posting.
>>>
>>> Sent from my IPhone

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)