All:
I am not using an embosser.  I need a braille file to put in my note taker.
The note taker does not have a built in translator.
I found a copy of nfbtrans that supposedly is configured to work with the mac
but I find no dng files or the like in the files.
I do know about Robo Braille but find it quite awkward to use.  Also, I really
need something that does not require being connected to the internet to use.
Jean