Press option+enter on a cell to enter the cell to edit it.  This will work for
text, but for editing a formula, highlight the cell in question and press
VO+Shift+F3 to turn off cursor tracking.  Then stop interacting with the
table/layout area and use VO+Left arrow to navigate to the formula editor.
Interact with this field and you should be able to use normal text navigation
commands to edit your formula.  Don't forget to turn cursor tracking back on
once you are done.

Best of luck.

-Greg