okay, I have a drive on my desktop with lots of folders in it. I used to open
the drive, go into my folders and when I hit command w it closed only the
window I was in leaving me on the main folders of my drive, but now when I do a
command w it closes the entire drive and brings me back to the desktop. I used
to have to do command/option/w to do that. I have put the finder in open in
tabs, and unchecked the in tabs, and it does the same both times. what am I
missing here?

Alia