Hi,

Just make sure that Contacts is on in Settings/iCloud on your iPhone and that
Contacts is checked on in the Services Table in the iCloud pane of System Prefs
on your Mac.  That should do it.  After the sync is complete, just navigate
over to the Groups Table and select iCloud to see what contacts were moved up
to the Cloud.  If everything is good in the iCloud list, then, if you’re brave,
you can get rid of the same list of contacts from the On My Mac section.  This
way, you shouldn’t get duplicates and you’ll ensure that when you update a
specific contact, it’s the one that will be synced with your iPhone.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada