Hi,

Looking through the list I see several people are using the OS X
terminal on a regular basis.  Is the terminal accessibility any better
in Mavericks than earlier versions?

I always found terminal accessibility a bit of a pain on the Mac and I
try it again every few versions.  Last time around -- with Snow
Leopard -- it was generally usable but things like not getting  the
output of commands read  and always having to review after every
command really started to grate after an hour or two.  But I've beaten
another laptop to death and if I felt I could live in the Mac terminal
for a chunk of my day then that would be  a possibility -- with the
terminal accessibility as it was though it was a deal breaker.
Otherwise I'd be  running a Linux VM under Fusion and that doesn't buy
me much.  Use case is primarily software development on a range of
remote hosts as well as a chunk of sysadmin and DBA type work.

Any input gratefully received!
Garry