Strange. It has an option to store the key with apple so why wouldn’t they keep
it.
As far as the login, it only does it at first boot, if it awakes from sleep, it
uses regular voice over. Otherwise the beep method. It scared me at first, but
i got it right the first time.
VO+shift+c, good keystroke for me to remember. I’ll retry file vault if I can.
Though as I said, it’s odd that they have an option to store the key with
apple. I was told they encrypt the key and if you answer the 3 questions you
chose, then they’d give you the key.