From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Eugenia Firth
Sent: Sunday, 17 November 2013 1:41 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: My Braille Edge 40 and myApple devices

Hi again
The braille display is a little over a year old. It really makes it
complicated when the hardware is having trouble at the same time updates are
happening.
Whoever needs this, but the tiniest terrible. I have a lot of work I have to
get done. I may just have to in Dewar until I have a break in the work.
Sincerely,
Gigi

Sent from my iPhone

<lisettewessel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
> You're not going to like this, but I can pair my braille edge 40 fine with
my iPhone. It even held the pairing after IOS 7 update. I haven't tried to
pair it via bluetooth with my Mac, and probably won't, but maybe there is
something wrong with your unit's bluetooth. It pairs flawlessly with me
every time. It was purchased quite recently. When was yours purchased? Maybe
they've changed something in the hardware or something.

> very weird. Sorry you're having this trouble.
>
> Lisette
>
>> On 16/11/2013, at 3:18 pm, Eugenia Firth <gigifi...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there
>> No, because I already did the latest firmware update.'s. So, it won't be
an option until they do another one. Only problem is, some of those folks
keep insisting there is no problem.
>> Regards,
>> Gigi
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Nov 15, 2013, at 8:10 PM, Teresa Cochran <vegaspipistre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi, Gigi,
>>>
>>> I don't have your Braille display model, but I had similar experiences
with different aspects of a Focus display. It occurs to me that in my case,
I needed a firmware update for the Braille display. Is this an option for
you at all? If it is, it could be a solution.

>>> HtH,
>>> teresa

so I thought I would pass along the latest in my experiences. Poor Apple is
just going to love this when they find out the latest because it makes my
case a little more weird.

with Mavericks. I wasn't sure I agreed, what with the trouble I had been
having. I finally got the Bluetooth connection, which was my trouble to
work, but in a strange fashion. I'll tell you guys about the iPhone in a
minute because that's still a problem for me.

up with Braille Edge 0011, which HIMS said was correct, although it sounds
strange to me. Ok fine. When I chose to pair, it failed like always. Then it
said Options, and when I chose it, then I got to type in the code. This time
it worked, whereas before it didn't. The only difference is, and this may
explain it, I had done a hard reset on the braille display today, which I
had not done earlier. The weird thing is that I can't pair this display
without it failing first, at least I can't figure out how. I have never had
to let the pairing fail first before being asked for the code.

braille display, and I have restarted it and given it a hard reset as well
by pressing the power key and the home key together and holding them down
for a few seconds. So I still have a problem, but for now it's a little
better, except the iPhone is worse.

and make people think you don't know what you're doing