This is also a bug in Pages. Not sure about Keynote. They must use the same export interface.

E-mail Facebook and iMessage
christopher...@gmail.com

On 26/11/2013 22:16, Eugenia Firth wrote:
Hi guys
I wanted to tell you all about the latest bug I found. I ended up calling that
877 number again. They are never going to want to talk to me since I keep
finding stuff wrong.

We also discovered a workaround, and this is the reason I am writing this. If
you want to export files from numbers into something else like PDF or Excel
files, you will find out that voiceover does not tell you what you are on. It
keeps saying unknown. So when you want to choose the type of file you want to
export two, you need to interact with it to find out which one you landed on. I
didn't know this and kept getting PDF files when I wanted Excel files.
Regards,
Gigi