HI Bryan,
I have two that work well with Downcast. At least they certainly don't cut in
and out. The first is from Bose, I think it's called Bose Bluetooth 2 or
something like that. It's a small earpiece that just fits in one ear. The sound
quality is good, it's highly portable, but the controls don't work for
stopping/starting playback, skipping forward/back etcetera. It does have
controls for answering and hanging up calls though, and for Siri.
I don't have the details of the other headphones here—I'll have to give them to
you when I'm on my other Mac. They are on-ear design, and have controls for
starting/stopping playback and skipping forward/back.