No, you don’t understand!
things were working fine for me under mavericks with fusion for a little while.

After a while, though, it seemed like I had to reinstall the OS because I was
having problems, but I didn’t do a clean install the first time because the
apple person I talked to while back said that wasn’t necessary.  So, I redid my
OS and then I had to reinstall fusion.  After I did that, my copy of xp wasn’t
acting right.  IE flakes out and crashes, for example.

I have tried win 7 ultimate in hopes that it would be better but I’m having
problems with that, too.  I can’t get it to recognize my super drive so I can
install window eyes. I might have to double check and make sure vm tools are
installed, though-that just came to me.

Windows is basically a big pita for me.  I really wish I didn’t need it and am
actively looking for ways to just trash it altogether if i can.

Just me, though.

I hope you get your problem figured out.  Fusion is very useable, once you get
it configured.  it just might take you a while.

Good luck!
Cait