Hi,

When I am on the messages list and I press VO+J the text of the mail message
starts reading immediately. If there is a link or something in the message that
I need to activate, I simply down arrow to it. I have been reading mail this
way at least since Lion and certainly in Mountain Lion. Mavericks works exactly
the same with the way that I read mail that Mountain Lion did. Mavericks hasn’t
broken anything for me.

Apparently if it has broken things for others, you must be going about the
reading of mail differently than how I am doing it.

Robert Carter