Hi Chris B,

I've been investigating sftp a while ago, but I gave up because I did not find
it to work properly for me. In my case, any user was able to do a cd .. and get
into folders all over my system. Is the sftp daemon in osx to be taken
seriously? Can I use it to do a functional server for some 75 or more users
that I once had on my old ftp server? These were my issues with it:

1. Users can get to all of the files on the serving mac, because I didn't find
a way to lock them into their, or just a, specific home directory. You don't
want everybody who wants radio plays from you, to download all private folders.
Can I prevent that?

2. That port 22 thing is still a mystery to me. Can I open port 22, so that a
user can get into my sftp server, but cannot log in using ssh and mess with my
system? I don't get that yet.

Regards,
Paul.