Hello
To try and answer your questions, messages on all my IOS devices are not at
all delivered to the important folder. As far as copies of messages being
sent, Gmail does not send you copies of mail sent to mail that is sent on
mailing lists.  This policy is not local, so you cannot change it. As a
temporary fix, you may not want to sync that folder in your Impa
configuration--the IOS native mail user agent does sllow the user to select
which Imap folders re actually synched.  Feel free to mail me off-list and
I can try and help you out ad much as I possibly can.