Hi Nick,

It works well for me with the Open dialog in List mode.  So,

1.  Open Pages.
2.  If the Open dialog doesn't automatically appear, press cmd-o to bring up
the dialog.
3.  Press cmd-2 to put it into List mode.
4.  Press cmd-shift-i to get to iCloud documents.
5.  Navigate to the File List or Table and Interact with it.
6.  Navigate to the specific folder you want to open.
7.  Press VO-back slash to expand it.
8.  Navigate to the document you want to open.
9.  Press return.

The document should open as usual, at least it does every time for me.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada