Hi,

I'm thoroughly confused.  To get a sound to play do we need to do
something in "folder actions setup" or "services preferences"?  Does
this apply only to the latest osx or earlier versions too?

I have 10.8.4.  I was able to find folder actions setup (from the
shortcut menu VO Shift M, not the main menu VO m).  I think I added an
action or a script or something to the downloads folder.  I chose
"edit script" to see if I could figure if I had chosen the right
script; and the comments in the script said it would make a
notification appear when an item was added to the folder.  It didn't
mention anything about sounds.

How can I check I've done what I wanted?  I'll find out next time I
download anything but just wondering if anyone can explain what's the
role of "service preferences" as opposed to "folder actions" and do I
need to add a script or an action to a folder?  The discussion seems
to use these phrases interchangeably and I don't know whether they
really are all the same thing.

Catherine

Twitter:  CTurner1980
My blog: