Hello,
To answer your question, that depends on how you created your Vmware disk.
 During the VM initial creation process, you can specify how you want space
to be allocated on the host system. i.e. you can either have the total
ammount of allocated space reserved initially, or you can have the ammount
of space allocated on the host system on a dynamic basis. I'm not sure, but
there is a clean-up disk option within the management interface of your VM.
To use it though, the VM must be in a powered off state. This should
allocate more space on the host system. Hope this helps.

Erik