I double checked the names and tried various combinations. Looks fine. When the names don't match, osso_initialize() returns NULL. Which is not the case here. Version number matches also. I put together the beginnings of my app by following the SDK Tutorial.

I'm also making calls to:
   osso_rpc_set_default_cb_f()
   osso_hw_set_event_cb()
   osso_application_set_exit_cb()

which all return OSSO_OK. I'll probably try taking them out to see if it changes anything. Need to do something as I can't test a whole lot with a 25 second window. :)

I tried installing maemopad to see it's behaviour and compare code. I must be doing something wrong as it's not showing up in the application list afer I install it.

I did find out that if application.desktop file has an entry: _Name=<application>
it screws up Maemo and you have to shut it down and restart it.

Anyone successfully running scratchbox on a Fedora box (specifically Core 4)? I'd probably make better progress if I didn't have to boot the Live-CD to get anything done and the environment there is completely different than my regular box.

Thanks,
Bill

Shortly, this can be caused by your .desktop and such files not having the
exact same filename as your program is. Or similar ...

All in all, check those files, system thinks your program is dead, it's a DBUS
thingy.