Hi,

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 13:25 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an application where being able to use a GtkUIManager
> would be a big help. However, as far as I can tell, there is no way to
> bind a GtkUIManager-created menu to a HildonAppView ? If there indeed is
> no such possibility presently, is such a feature planned ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jorn

Using GtkUIManager with Hildon is indeed possible, so no need to create
menus & toolbars manually. Just use GtkUIManager normally, create XML
description, GtkActionEntry set and then use them with something like
this:

---

  HildonAppView  *app_view;
  GtkUIManager   *ui_manager;
  GtkActionGroup *actions;
  GtkMenu        *menu_appview;
  GtkWidget      *menu_created;

  /* Create action group */
  actions = gtk_action_group_new("Actions");
  gtk_action_group_set_translation_domain(actions, GETTEXT_PACKAGE);
  gtk_action_group_add_actions(actions, action_entries,
    n_action_entries, user_data);

  /* Create new UI manager */
  ui_manager = gtk_ui_manager_new();
  gtk_ui_manager_insert_action_group(ui_manager, actions, 0);

  /* Transfer menu items to app_view menu */
  menu_appview = hildon_appview_get_menu(app_view);
  menu_created = gtk_ui_manager_get_widget(ui_manager, "/MenuBar");
  gtk_container_foreach(GTK_CONTAINER(menu_created), (GtkCallback)
    gtk_widget_reparent, menu_appview);

---

Not a full source, but hopefully you'll get the point =)

- Kaitsu -

--
Kaj Grönholm
phone:  +358 50 5308 233