Yes zenity or gdialod is what I wanted. Thanks for the link. By binary I mean executable you can run from shell with arguments and parse its output or check return code. One can do a lot with this quickly.

Python is too heavy. Shell is already on the device and is enough for most of the 'glue' not worth of writing in C.

I though this solution would be enough for making UI for kbdd. Just make a dialog from output of 'hcitool scan' allow user to select the device, bind rfcomm port and start kbdd deamon.

Frantisek

Kalle Vahlman wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean with "providing as a binary", but I assume
that zenity[1] would work on maemo too.

[1] http://freshmeat.net/projects/zenity