On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 13:08 +0200, Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 07:48, ext Vladislav Grinchenko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > I can start an application on 770 from xterm just fine - I see
> > connection coming in with dbus-monitor.
> >
> > But when I try to start the same application from the task
> > navigator menu, it is not even executed.

[...deleted...]

> > The .desktop file:
> > --------------------
> > [Desktop Entry]
> > Encoding=UTF-8
> > Version=0.1
> > Type=Application
> > Name=Granule
> > Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/granule
> > Icon=granule
> > X-Window-Icon=granule
> > X-Window-Icon-Dimmed=granule
> > X-Osso-Service=granule
> > X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
> > X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
> > --------------------
> >

> > The .services file:
> > --------------------
> > [D-BUS Service]
> > Name=com.nokia.granule
> > Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/granule
> > --------------------
>
> Do you call osso_initialize() with "granule" as the application name?

yes,
        osso_context_t* osso_context;
        osso_context = osso_initialize (PACKAGE, VERSION, TRUE, NULL );
        if (osso_context == NULL) {
                std::cerr << "Failed to initalize osso context!\n";
                exit (1);
        }

And I verified that PACKAGE is set to "granule", and VERSION to "1.2.1".

But, what annoys me is that the executable is never called!