Hello,

On Linux-PC:
I am using usually just shell (gnome terminal) with multiple tabs,
do all compiling stuff there (scratchbox tab), and usually KDE's Kate
editor on another virtual screen.
Works pretty fast to me and I haven't really needed IDE so far. I have
been a fan of Ultraedit (for Windows)
longer time ago (when I was making software for network elements) and
the
Kate editor has been quite ok replacement for it, not as nice as
Ultraedit (Kate lacks hundreds of features
that are present in Ultraedit but still has the most essential set of
them),
but nearly and the user interface is quite similar that I have used to
and
it integrates well to Gnome, KDE or Xfce desktops. If I need to edit
something quickly (like changelog), then I just
launch nano.

And of course it is handy to have devhelp around to check API reference.
And finally but not least, of course, web browser, to google code
examples.
And of course also a tab that has python open, I use it as calculator
(when I don't have
my HP48GX close at hand or it has batteries run out).
Ok, nearly forgot, at home, our new kitten that walks on the keyboard
and contributes
noise to the code occasionally plus makes scratches to 770 screens
(already did one little scratch
unfortunately, fortunately it was not the 770 that is my own (my
precisious, my treasure :),
but one of those owned by Nokia :) )... At home I occasionally actually
use Emacs, because
Kate (the person, not the editor) prefers to use it and if I come to
hack with the same machine,
then I am too lazy to launch my own preferred editor and just do the
changes with Emacs.
Anyway, I prefer to use terminal for doing compiling.

Best regards,
Karoliina
http://www.karoliinasalminen.com/blog