> Like Dirk already replied, the implementation is in macros in the .h
> file.

I see. That makes the comparison with memcpy somewhat unfair, since you
are not actually providing replacement functions, so this would only
make difference for -O3 type optimatisation (where you trade speed for
size); it would be interesting to see what the performance difference is
if you add the C prologue and epilogue.#

BTW, you can instruct gcc to use inlined assembler version of its memcpy
and friends as well, I think -O3 includes this, but if I read
bits/string.h correctly in my sbox, there are no such inlined functions
on the arm though, so there is certainly value in doing this.

Tomas