On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Ted Zlatanov did have cause to say:

> Of course, full Bluetooth keyboard support would also be very nice
> (right now you need 3rd party status bar applet, and xterm has the
> Enter key issue).  Bluetooth mice are also something I would love to
> use on the 770.

FYI lots of apps show the enter key problem, and other dialog-related
issues. Usually switching away and back (Fn-g alt-tab on the stowaway goes
'home' and then alt-tabs back to the app) works. But yah. Definite
agreement.

If there was an open, modular input method I'm sure it wouldn'd take long to
update it for the actual use cases. (How often do you switch from vkb to
handwriting? I can see going the other way on occasion. And I could take or
leave the completion - preferably leave, if it gains me some memory.)

How about large phone-style buttons, for one-handed thumb typing? There are
lots of options. I'd love to see some of them implemented. (How about just
going back to the good old days of xkb and unified input support from the
kernel to the app?)